Part-time lodger agreement
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this part-time lodger agreement
This agreement is for you to agree terms with a part-time lodger.
Your lodger may for example:
- Work locally to you but live away, and so require accommodation only in the week.
- Require accommodation regularly for some local part time work or project.
If your lodger is part time only, it is most unlikely that you would ever be able to create an unwanted tenancy.
The agreement provides options on sharing costs and providing catering and other services.
When to use this licence
It is suitable for any type of property: flats or houses, and can be used to let more than one room in the same property.
You can use this agreement for any time period, but it is sensible to limit it to no more than two or three months so that both you and your lodger know that the end date is fixed and soon. The best arrangement is to provide in the agreement for a very short period, like four weeks. You can then renew as often as you like, but if your lodger does decide to live with you for ever, you will know fast and be better able to evict him.
The document is not suitable if the lodger will run a business from the property.
Agreement features and contents
- Includes sensible, practical provisions to protect the landlord’s interests.
- Full description of the property and the services that the lodger should expect to receive.
- All likely provisions for restrictions on what the lodger may do in the property.
- Rent period and amount
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again."Colin Poole
"At least get the background before you see the attorney and it might even be enough."Balefyre (Pty) Ltd