Commercial property licence: to occupy business premises
This licence agreement provides the legal framework to let spare office rooms, workshops or other business space to other businesses without creating a lease under the Lease of Land Act 1969.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this commercial property licence agreement
This agreement creates a licence to occupy commercial premises, not a lease. The difference is important because a lease creates an interest in land and gives the tenant additional rights - particularly with respect to stay in the property when the lease term expires.
This property licence includes minimal and usual provisions in simple format, specifically to avoid it being interpreted as a lease.
The document might be used to:
- let spare office rooms, unused workshops or warehouse space to another business
- bring in another trader on a shop floor
- rent office space on a short term, flexible basis, for example as 'incubator' space for start-up businesses
- let a parcel of spare land to another business to store vehicles or machinery
This document has been carefully drawn so as to avoid being interpreted as a lease under Lease of Land Act 1969.
If you need a lease rather than a licence to occupy, we have a large collection of business lease agreement templates for all types of property.
The document is not suitable for residential property. For that, see our documents within the category Lodger agreements and licences, or our standard lodger agreement.
- Property details
- Licence fee
- Licence fee inclusions such as services and rates
- Payment provisions: all payments the tenant might have to make
- Use allowed: restrictions on how the occupier can use the property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current South Africa law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
By Buyile Mbanga 11 January 2017
I gave me what I was looking for in a simple and concise manner. Also the buying process is efficient and fast.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"Extremely usef ul for practitioners with little experience in this field.
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K