- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
There are 29 paragraphs in the document. In places we have provided a number of possibilities, where you choose the most appropriate from the menu and delete the others. In other places, we have provided ideas and the most common scenarios, but the policy may require a little customisation to fully reflect your business.
The policy is drawn around:
- compliance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002;
- reminding you how to avoid contravening South African law;
- providing re-assurance to your customers or clients;
- maintaining a professional but friendly image.
The contents of the document cover:
- categorisation of different types of information and how you use them;
- how you collect, use and store financial information;
- information security and data retention;
- fraud prevention;
- collection of information by other means (such as telephone calls and e-mails);
- compliance with the law and disclosure to government;
- processing of data outside South Africa;
- review, removal and update of collected data;
- third party advertising;
- the use of the site by children.
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"Very useful and practical for start-ups and entrepreneurs."Purple Cow Ventures
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K