Manufacturing contract: short version
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this manufacturing agreement
This agreement covers a deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. You know what you want and how to specify it. You need a local manufacturer to make it up for you. This may be a sub contract or maybe you do not have the required facilities.
The product could be anything. What it is and what you want is to be set out in your specification.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected
The law in this agreement
There is little statute law to regulate this agreement so it relies on common law: contract, tort, and so on.
Of course, there are regulations affecting your product. We have provided for your manufacturer to comply with specific, exact requirements you have set out in a schedule.
Contents of this manufacturing agreement
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have.
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Product testing
- Packaging and delivery
- Production price
- Manufacturer’s warranties
- Use of sub-contractors
- Dealing with defective goods
- Option to prevent change of control of their business
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"Thank you for having the Lodger Document available.
I searched the internet high and low.
It is simple to understand and complete and, Great Value!
I will recommend your service to whomever is looking for a service such as this."Sharon Ecob
"At least get the background before you see the attorney and it might even be enough."Balefyre (Pty) Ltd
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again."Colin Poole