- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
The law provides for the swift return of a tenancy deposit to the tenant at the end of the tenancy. If there is a dispute, there are now set procedures for dealing with the dispute. To maximise your time and avoid litigation, all parties should agree the contents of the property thoroughly today. If all parties have signed the inventory and agreed how many pot plants there are, it will be clear at the end of the tenancy that if one is missing, the tenant isn’t due all of their money back. Of course the tenant might be due all of their tenancy deposit back, some or none. Once you have agreed the contents of your property, there is less room for dispute.
All Net Lawman residential tenancy documents include this comprehensive inventory. However, if you already have a lease or license agreement in place and have no inventory, it is a good idea to get one today and agree it with your tenant / landlord as priority. The law now requires that tenant’s deposits are more closely protected during the tenancy and that tenants are duly given back their deposit unless there has been adverse damage (other than reasonable wear and tear) to the property.
Application and features
- Suitable for use by a landlord or tenant
- Suitable for use with all types of tenancy agreement, leases and licenses
- Use as an addition to an existing tenancy agreement where there is currently no inventory
- Definition of ‘Reasonable Wear and Tear’
- Comprehensive list of items that might be included in the property
- Examples of how to rate the condition of the items “(both fixtures and fittings)
- Space for estimation of cost to replace / repair the item in question
- Signatures showing agreement of all parties
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes."Ted
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K