Personal guarantee of company debt
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a professionally drawn personal guarantee agreement for a lender to put to a company director as a condition of either increased lending or forbearance in enforcement of existing loan conditions. First, it identifies an original loan agreement between the lender and the company, then ties the guarantor to it, to “stand in the shoes” of the company in the event that it was unable to make repayment when due.
The agreement provides many options primarily to strengthen the position of the lender. Some could be deleted so as to provide a softer agreement for the guarantor if required.
The law in this document
There is no modern statutory law relating to guarantees. This document is based on contract common law.
Net Lawman offers other document templates related to new guarantees at Guarantees and Indemnities.
Agreement features and contents
- The key benefit of using this document over adding a guarantee paragraph to the original contract is the simplicity of use.
- There is no need to edit and agree the original contract. That means less room for making a mistake and invalidating some provision of it.
- Provides heavyweight protection for the lender.
- The document highlights the continuing liability of the guarantor (usually the director who is personally liable for the company debt).
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"Thank you for having the Lodger Document available.
I searched the internet high and low.
It is simple to understand and complete and, Great Value!
I will recommend your service to whomever is looking for a service such as this."Sharon Ecob
"At least get the background before you see the attorney and it might even be enough."Balefyre (Pty) Ltd
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa