Novation agreement: transfer of architectural or building contract
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this novation agreement
Use this novation agreement to transfer a contract for the design or build of a property to the purchaser on the sale of land. It can be used to novate any building contract, usually with only minimal editing.
The consent of all three parties: the transferee, the transferor and the other contracting party is required to effect the transfer.
When to use this novation agreement
Typically (although not exclusively) this agreement would be used in the following situations:
- When the owner of a development is forced to sell before completing the project and the buyer wishes the existing contractor to continue the development
- When an unincorporated business is sold along with an unfinished land or building development
This agreement could be bought by:
- A seller looking to make the purchase of his land as easy and attractive for a buyer as possible (even easier if the agreement is signed by the contractor in advance of the sale)
- A buyer wishing to sort out the affairs of a seller having bought an unfinished property
- A builder, tradesman or architect who wants to keep developing the site even though the customer changes
Agreement features and contents
- Suitable when either party is resident outside the South Africa;
- Ensures a legal transfer as it is drawn as an agreement between all parties;
- Comprehensive provisions provide ideas for you to mould
The agreement contains the following sections:
- Details of the parties;
- Indemnity clause to protect both parties from loss, damage or legal liability once the contract is transferred;
- The novation;
- Other usual legal provisions in plain English.
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K
"Extremely usef ul for practitioners with little experience in this field.