Mobile home share agreement: two owners
Comprehensive agreement of the terms and conditions for the shared (fractional) ownership of a touring caravan between two parties.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a comprehensive document that deals with the terms of ownership, by two parties of a touring caravan. The parties may be couples, relatives, friends or unknown to each other. By ‘touring caravan’, we mean a towing vehicle, with no engine but that is a self contained accommodation unit.
We have separate documents for static caravans (that is, the self contained, permanently situated accommodation units often found within larger caravan sites) and motor homes (the all-in-one vehicle accommodation unit).
We offer two versions of this touring caravan agreement.
- This has been drawn for two parties.
- Other version is for a situation where only three or more parties share - three individuals or three families, or whatever. Mobile home sharing agreement: three or more owners.
The document deals extensively with issues like ownership rights of the parties which may be in equal or unequal proportion. It also includes a time table and notes on the manner of sharing the use of the touring caravan and the responsibilities of each party in maintenance and upkeep of the caravan. Essential with this asset is that it is towed correctly. We have ensured that is dealt with too. Additionally, there are paragraphs on various exit strategies.
This document is different from the document for ownership by three or more parties. It provides for exclusive terms to ensure minimum disruption to each party if the others want to sell their share. It also provides for proper management even where the parties can not decide by mutual agreement.
Note on legal ownership:
Even if ownership of your touring caravan is registered with some organisation, the particulars will not record the shares in which the touring caravan is held. So if you own 60% and I own 40% we have to record that in some other document. If we do not do so, “the Law” will assume we own in the shares in which we contributed to the purchase price. This may or may not be the same thing.
These Net Lawman agreements specifically record the shares. They also record shares which may be owned by someone who is not a registered owner. Such an interest is called a beneficial interest.
Application and features
- Comprehensive fractional ownership document for a touring caravan;
- Sensible and practical provisions for shared ownership;
- Written in plain English;
- Explanatory notes to guide you.
- Summary of agreement;
- Terms of beneficial interest: how will the caravan be owned?;
- Relationship of owners;
- Price and payment for the touring caravan;
- Management and common fund: finances control;
- Use of touring caravan: personal and or business use;
- Personal possessions: storage location and use;
- Undertakings by the owners;
- Warranties and indemnities;
- Long stop termination date;
- Termination and assignment;
- Other legal paragraphs;
- Schedule 1: Details of the touring caravan;
- Schedule 2: The Timetable: plan of who gets the caravan when;
- Schedule 3: Operating Costs;
- Schedule 4: The Inventory.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current South Africa law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will defintely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana