Loan agreement: person to person; secured by guarantee
An agreement between a human individual lender and borrower. The loan is secured with a guarantee by a third party, who may be a friend, relative or business partner. It is likely to be used for family and friends loan arrangements as well as arms length business deals. Strong provisions to protect the lender. Options for alternative repayment provisions and lender actions if borrower defaults.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this loan agreement
This lawyer drawn agreement covers many critical corners of the law relating to loan agreements. It has been drawn to protect the Lender strongly. It provides for a guarantor but the option can be deleted if not required. We strongly advise a lender to insist on a guarantor.
There is no provision for a company lender or borrower in this agreement, nor for additional security. If those are required, see the selection at Loan agreement templates.
This is a simple but flexible agreement providing all the commonly required options.
When to use this loan agreement
- The lender and the borrower are two individuals
- Suitable for personal loans to family and friends
- Either or both parties may be in the Republic of South Africa or abroad
- Flexible for loans of any size and repayment terms of any complexity
The law in this loan agreement
There is little statutory regulation relating to an agreement of this nature, so you can make more or less the deal you choose.
Alternatives to this loan agreement
Net Lawman offers a variety of documents. Choose the one which suit you best.
The documents are:
- Unsecured loan agreement: person to person; private or business
- Loan agreement: individual borrower; secured on financial assets
- Loan agreement: private borrower; secured on physical assets
- Loan agreement: company; secured by guarantee
- Loan agreement: person to person; secured by guarantee (this agreement)
- Loan agreement: company; secured on financial instruments
- Loan agreement: company borrower; secured on physical assets; guarantor option
Contents of this loan agreement
- The contents of the agreement include:
- Structure of the loan;
- Alternative draw down arrangements;
- Provision of information to lender;
- Repayment and interest payment arrangements;
- Provision for default situations;
- Guarantor liability
- Borrower's warranties;
- Other important legal points.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current South Africa law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"At least get the background before you see the attorney and it might even be enough."Balefyre (Pty) Ltd
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes."Ted