Copyright or patent licence agreement
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this patent licence
The essence of this patent licence agreement is that it is a licence by an inventor to a person or company who will market your patent for others to exploit in a given territory. The agreement can also be used for any other copyright work where you rely on sub-licences agreed and set up by someone else.
You invent the gizmo. Your licensee sells it on by sub-licence to manufacturers. Your gizmo is likely to be something which cannot be used alone, but must be incorporated into another product. Examples: a switch mechanism; a ski binding; a diamond cutting blade; a tranquiliser dart.
Use for any industry or purpose; home or abroad; for a period of time, or more likely, for ever; cash payment or royalty, or both.
You can use this agreement for a one-off deal or for multiple agreements, each for a different territory.
All Net Lawman documents are written to protect primarily the document buyer. However, we do not invite problems for you by ignoring the likely requirements of your counter-party. There are many provisions in this document which satisfy the concerns of a fair minded Licensee.
- You control the terms of the sub-licenses
- Very full royalty payment control
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Contents of this patent licence agreement
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement.
- Definitions, interpretation and legal matters
- Selected warranties and understandings by both sides
- The licence deal
- Terms of sub-licences
- Further protection of rights of creator
- Infringement of copyright
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K