Lease agreement: pub or restaurant with flat over
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this lease
This lease is for a pub or restaurant with a flat over. The premises may be in an urban shop frontage, a stand-alone site or away in the country.
The lease is drawn for maximum protection of landlord’s interests. It is very thorough with many simple options where choices are possible.
Where relevant, the lease includes matters relating to licences and the Liquor Act 2003.
The lease has been drawn to prefer the interest of the landlord rather than the tenant.
The law relating to this lease
Business lease law is regulated primarily by the Lease of Land Act 1969. If the term of this lease is longer than ten years it must be registered at the Deed Registry Office at:
This lease agreement is comprehensive, providing alternative choices for important decisions.
The contents include 27 provisions and 2 schedules covering:
- rent: period, amount, other payments, interest on overdue rent, periodic review;
- condition and repair;
- tenant's positive obligations;
- tenant's obligations for residential space;
- service charge recovery;
- restrictions on tenant: prohibited activities on the property;
- signs and advertisements;
- assignment of the lease;
- indemnities by the tenant;
- security deposit;
- access for landlord;
- termination: default notice by landlord; provision for premature termination (a break clause);
- Schedule 1: rights reserved
- Schedule 2: draft agreement for a security deposit
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will defintely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana