Sponsorship agreement: sports person or other individual
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this sponsorship agreement
Individuals are sponsored for a variety of reasons and in many different ways. This sponsorship agreement has been drawn to be flexible and to cover many sponsorship situations without being difficult to complete.
A large part of the agreement covers the substance of the deal: what the sponsor will provide in return for the agreed obligations of the person being sponsored. We provide a range of examples to which you can add, edit or delete as appropriate.
The agreement also includes further legal paragraphs not usually included in such documents that protect both sides in case of later disagreement or non-fulfilment. These can also be edited to your requirements.
The agreement is governed by the laws of South Africa, but the location of either party could be elsewhere. The agreement could, for example, be used by a South African company to sponsor a British sportsman.
When to use this sponsorship agreement
This agreement will suit a large number of sponsorship arrangements.
- the individual being sponsored could be a participant in a sport or another activity (e.g. chess, poker or music)
- the sponsored person could be operating at any level, from amateur to international professional.
- the sponsor could offer goods or services (their own or another company's) or money to the person being sponsored
- the obligations of the sponsored individual could include simple advertising (for example using equipment or wearing clothing with advertising printed on it), promoting the sponsor at events, product testing, writing articles for the sponsor's website, appearing in marketing material or anything else
- the contract could be for a specific period or on-going
The agreement includes the following paragraphs as well as other standard legals.
- warranties for authority
- relationship of parties
- granting of sponsorship rights
- sponsorship fee and payment
- promotion of sponsored goods and services
- obligations of the sponsor
- obligations of the sponsored person
- joint obligations
- intellectual property: including use of trademarks by the sponsored person and ownership of works created for the sponsor by the sponsored person
- after termination
- uncontrollable events
- miscellaneous matters
- Schedule 1: scope of sponsorship rights: industry sectors, product ranges and countries
- Schedule 2: goods that will be provided to the sponsored person
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory