Export marketing agency agreement: sale of goods; agent carries stock
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this sales agent’s agreement
An export marketing agency contract for use by any business selling abroad. Your agent is probably a company. It certainly has its own warehouse and appropriate logistics and control systems.
The most important feature is that the agent holds stock of your product. You can select his precise duties depending on what you have agreed. There are options for all aspects of importation: delivery, transport, insurance, regulations, duties.
There is a basic option on the question of whether he collects your money and banks it locally or you collect as you would do in the Republic of South Africa. Each option leads to different outcomes in other parts of the document. We deal with all of them clearly and in language your agency people will understand.
There may be a fine line between a distribution arrangement and an agency arrangement. The only fundamental difference is that the distributor buys from you while the agent never does so.
Here we have provided crisp, no-nonsense alternative scenarios that will work in practice, but you will have to edit out the options not required.
Suitable for wide range of businesses, but detailed requirements are for you to choose. You may have a tech or design business where IP rights protection is vital, or you may be selling cement, where it is not.
- Agent at home or abroad
- optional heavy protection of intellectual property
- Agent paid by commission
- Many options for level of involvement of agent in dealing with regulations and customs duties.
The law in this agreement
- This agreement is governed by the basic contract law, leaving you largely to make what contract you wish.
- Contents of this sales agency contract
- Definitions and interpretation
- Formation and description of agreement
- Terms of appointment
- Commission payment procedure
- Compliance and regulation
- Delivery and transportation
- Products defective or not as ordered
- Management of stock in Agent’s hands
- Many options for agent’s obligations
- Marketing plans and reports
- Products recall
- Risk and retention of title
- Termination and what happens after that.
- Intellectual property and confidential Information
- Assignment and sale of business or change of Control
- Many other strong provisions
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will defintely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana