Equestrian yard lease: stables and other facilities
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This is a lease of an equestrian establishment of any size. Use for a livery yard, training facilities or for a racing yard. The agreement provides for care and maintenance of buildings, plant, facilities and grassland.
The facilities could be limited to a single stable block or the most well equipped livery yard complete with indoor school, outdoor arena, other outbuildings and paddocks. The tenant could be either a private individual, or someone running a livery business.
This agreement has been drawn to include provision for the upkeep of agricultural land and specifically equestrian activities.
When to use this agreement
This lease is likely to be suitable:
- Whether the property is just a stable block with an adjacent field, or whether it has the most comprehensive set of equestrian facilities
- If the tenant will be responsible for maintaining the condition of the land and facilities
- If the tenant is not a farmer or anyone who will grow crops or breed animals with a view to sale
This document does not allow for residential buildings on the land to be let: the tenant (or any employee) should not be allowed to live on site. If you require provisions for letting one of the buildings for residential purposes, use a separate residential lease for that part of the property, or contact us to have suitable provisions included in the facilities lease.
The lease is not suitable if the tenant will breed horses or ponies for commercial reasons (i.e. run a stud). A farm lease agreement should be used in this situation.
Agreement features and contents
This lease is comprehensive and provides alternatives for important choices.
It contains 27provisions and 1 schedule, including:
- The lease
- Rent: amount and frequency, other payments, interest, review
- Condition and repair
- Tenant’s positive obligations
- Restrictions on Tenant
- Agricultural provisions
- Competitions, vehicles and grassland damage
- Signs and advertisements
- Goods and vehicles
- Default notice by Landlord
- Assignment of the lease
- Subletting: not allowed
- Indemnity: tenant indemnifies landlord
- Security deposit
- Access for Landlord
- Provision for premature termination
- Schedule 1: rights reserved
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"Thank you for having the Lodger Document available.
I searched the internet high and low.
It is simple to understand and complete and, Great Value!
I will recommend your service to whomever is looking for a service such as this."Sharon Ecob
"Very useful and practical for start-ups and entrepreneurs."Purple Cow Ventures
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money."Sean McNicholas