Development and manufacturing agreement: manufacturer version
You are a manufacturer. You have been asked to design and manufacture any product. Use for engineered product, clothes, furniture or anything else. Suitable home or abroad. Professionally drawn and very thorough. Specification of work to be attached by you or entered in schedule. It is an umbrella version suitable for either a single instruction, or for multiple or continuing orders.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this development and manufacturing agreement
Most agreements like this are for the customer to initiate and control. This one is for the manufacturer to set down the terms he wants. It covers the structure of a complicated deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. The deal is that you agree to make up prototypes and complete any necessary design work, get it approved by your customer and regulatory authorities, then make it up to your customer’s order to the agreed standards.
It protects you very fully and makes sure you get paid.
We cannot hope to think up the specification for every possible product. We leave it to you to provide your specification for design work, finished product and standards to be achieved along the way. We assume you will do this in conjunction with your customer so as to create a full specification which can be attached to the agreement.
- Favours the manufacturer, not the designer/customer, so puts you in the driving seat.
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected.
- Suitable for a contract with foreign customer.
- Retention of title provision
Contents of this development and manufacturing agreement
Some of the most important provisions are likely to be:
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Design reviews, product testing and quality assurance
- Setup costs and payment for product development - who pays?
- Production price, payment
- Use of sub-contractors
- Delivery and international transport options - Incoterms
- Sales taxes and withholding taxes
- Risk and retention of title
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
- Protecting your own IP
- Rules for publicity and / or announcements
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current South Africa law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will defintely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money."Sean McNicholas