Corporate consultancy agreement
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this corporate consultancy contract
This document is suitable for any business which calls itself a consultancy. Of course your industry sector affects the work you do. But this is a legal document, so does not specify the work you do. This contract is for a corporate consultancy to present to any client as its contract. See below for alternative consultancy contracts. It may be edited either by you before you submit it, or in negotiation with your client. It is drawn to protect you, the consultancy, but should also be acceptable to your clients.
There is an option for work by accountants or surveyors or others to work on behalf of a bank or other lender, where this is your contract with the debtor company.
This is an “umbrella” contract, set up for the possibility of future assignments under the same terms. That way, if you want more work from the same consultant, all you have to do is define it and refer to this agreement. Even if you expect never to enter into a new work assignment, you do not have to delete anything on that account.
If your business is IT related, you may prefer the version with additional relevant paragraphs relating to IP protection at IT consultant contract: corporate; full. Other choices are listed below.
The consultancy contract provides for the specification of work to be placed in a schedule to this agreement on the first time it is used. All later assignments of work will automatically be subject to this contract.
There are options in several areas, notably contract summary, payment systems and working arrangements.
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
- Additional provision to cover your relationship with a bank if you have been appointed by an administrator or liquidator.
The law in this consultancy agreement
There is little statute law in this consultancy agreement. It depends on basic contract law and tort.
Alternatives to this consultancy agreement
Net Lawman publishes three types of consultancy contract:
- for a corporate consultancy to offer to its client (this contract)
- for a single consultant working alone or with colleagues or sub-contractors
- for the client of a consultant to offer to a consultant, to protect his own interest.
Each of these three is available in three versions:
- for IT consultants;
- for HR consultants;
- and for any other.
The IT and HR versions contain more provisions relating to aspects of IT and HR, but the legal framework is the same in all.
You can see the full selection at Consultancy agreements.
Contents of this agreement
- Definitions and interpretation
- Preliminary legal matters
- Consultant's status
- Consultant’s obligation qualified by reference to the Bank
- Contract summary and payment
- Work management procedure
- Consultant's obligations
- Option for use of sub-contractors
- Intellectual property
- Option for no competition (if your client insists)
- Limitation of your liability
- Duration and termination
- Other legal provisions
- Publicity / Announcements
- Miscellaneous matters
Over 2,500 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"I appreciate your patience. I have to say though it took me a while (I had almost given up) to come across your internet site, but I was quite impressed with the manoverabilty of the site itself and the services it offers. Normally I am very cautious about internet services and am pleasantly impressed by you professional response. Without doubt I will defintely be recommending yourselves to others."Razwana
"Very useful and practical for start-ups and entrepreneurs."Purple Cow Ventures