Club rules and constitution
This is the perfect constitution for your club, association or society. It covers all your basic requirements very thoroughly. It sets out the constitution and rules in a sensible, practical way with notes of advice too. Needs no legal expert support and no registration. Just go with it.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this unincorporated club rules and constitution template
Whether your club is new or has existed for years, you have a simple choice of how to structure it:
- Voluntary associations, established under common law using this template;
- Non-profit trusts, established under statutory law; and
- Non-profit companies incorporated for a public benefit objective or an objective relating to one or more cultural or social activities, or communal or group interests, established under statutory law.
This is a constitution or set of rules to regulate your management of any straight forward club, society, association or other non registered organisation.
You can use it to manage a charity - remember to register it with the Department of Social Development.
If your organisation will make a profit, that money will of course be subject to tax.
Use it for any group interest. Examples are:
- sports club
- collectors' club
- enthusiast club (like a bird-watching society)
- amateur dramatic or music societies
- an intellectual pursuit
- a political organisation
It is not suitable for a co-operative society.
Template features and contents
Of course you want to be sure that the constitution covers everything you needs but does not go over the top in an unnecessarily long document.
This is a simple and general version in plain English.
The document includes the following sections:
- Main objective
- Subscriptions, resignation, suspension and expulsion
- Management of the association
- Powers of the committee - what are they and who decides
- Quorum at meetings
- Voting at meetings
- How and when the rules can and will be amended
- Provisions for dissolution
- Explanatory notes and guidance
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current South Africa law.
What other customers thought
Average customer rating
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"Very useful and practical for start-ups and entrepreneurs."Purple Cow Ventures
"At least get the background before you see the attorney and it might even be enough."Balefyre (Pty) Ltd