Club rules and constitution
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this unincorporated club rules and constitution template
Whether your club is new or has existed for years, you have a simple choice of how to structure it:
- Voluntary associations, established under common law using this template;
- Non-profit trusts, established under statutory law; and
- Non-profit companies incorporated for a public benefit objective or an objective relating to one or more cultural or social activities, or communal or group interests, established under statutory law.
This is a constitution or set of rules to regulate your management of any straight forward club, society, association or other non registered organisation.
You can use it to manage a charity - remember to register it with the Department of Social Development.
If your organisation will make a profit, that money will of course be subject to tax.
Use it for any group interest. Examples are:
- sports club
- collectors' club
- enthusiast club (like a bird-watching society)
- amateur dramatic or music societies
- an intellectual pursuit
- a political organisation
It is not suitable for a co-operative society.
Template features and contents
Of course you want to be sure that the constitution covers everything you needs but does not go over the top in an unnecessarily long document.
This is a simple and general version in plain English.
The document includes the following sections:
- Main objective
- Subscriptions, resignation, suspension and expulsion
- Management of the association
- Powers of the committee - what are they and who decides
- Quorum at meetings
- Voting at meetings
- How and when the rules can and will be amended
- Provisions for dissolution
- Explanatory notes and guidance
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"The website is great, the access easy, documents professional. All very smart. Immediately got a good impression of Net Lawman."Hendrik J Pfaff, CFA, Stellenbosch, South Africa
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor!"John K
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory