- Length:5 pages (1555 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This is a very flexible document. It can be used as a standard “terms and conditions” document for either a single assignment or an ongoing contract. All it needs is the addition, by reference, of a quotation providing all the information particular to the contract in hand.
Why use this document?
This document can be used either as the basis for negotiation or as a "terms and conditions" document when it will be put to a client on a "take-it-or-leave-it" basis before the contract is formed.
Do not risk your clients blaming you for matters beyond your control or as a result of a misunderstanding. Perhaps you have only small jobs or repeat customers who you don’t want to upset. But you must get the contract terms in writing so your work will progress smoothly.
A Caterer using this document may well find a good selling point in the provision of insurance and consequent acceptance of full liability.
Who will use this document?
- Any professional caterer, whether an individual or a large company
Application and features
- To be used for any single assignment, such as a wedding or other party
- Suits any catering contract, from a few sandwiches to a dinner for many people
- Provides a complete framework
- Short, simple, relevant, in plain English
- Helps protect your business
- Provisions for deposit and payment
- Reminder as to what caterer will supply
- Details of what client is expected to supply
- Cancellation provisions
- Limitation of caterer’s liability
- Other necessary legal provisions