Building contract: small works
- Attorney approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this construction contract
This is a basic straight forward construction contract for any small works. Simple contract for a building company employing staff to use for domestic and industrial work. It helps to protect against claims and get money in. Use for single contract or as umbrella agreement for multiple contracts. Requires that you attach specification of work. Comes with extensive notes explaining every item and leaving you simply to choose and use.
This construction contract covers just those areas where you most need legal strength: limiting your liability if things go wrong, cash collection, payment for extras, no posting bad publicity on social networks. Of course, with the wide Net Lawman experience of the real World, there are a few more helpful points too.
This construction contract also contains drafting notes to make quite clear what the text means and to advise you on choosing from the options we give.
Alternatives to this construction contract
Net Lawman offers several alternative construction industry and services contracts. They include several trade-specific contracts for a sole trader doing small domestic work. See them listed at right hand side of this page. This contract is for higher value work using employees and sub-contractors for a commercial or industrial client.
If you are a client wanting something formal for a contract and maybe to establish that your man is not an employee, you should buy Small works construction contract for client.
Contents of this construction contract
- Definitions of special terms
- Interpretation: explaining the agreement
- Client warranties: making sure the party who signs has authority to do so - and more
- Work assignments: specifications and organisation
- Builder’s payment: the system you use and making sure you get paid
- Confidentiality: no using social networks
- Use of sub-contractors: basic ground rules to keep your client happy
- Limitation of liability: helps you avoid being caught out
- Termination of the agreement
- Transferring the contract by either side
- Uncontrollable events (just in case you need it)
- Miscellaneous legal matters
This document was written by an attorney for Net Lawman. It complies with current South African law.
"Thank you for having the Lodger Document available.
I searched the internet high and low.
It is simple to understand and complete and, Great Value!
I will recommend your service to whomever is looking for a service such as this."Sharon Ecob
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again."Colin Poole
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory